- Understand the current application infrastructure and suggest changes to it.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Migrate our infrastructure with zero downtime to a highly available, scalable one.
- Set up a monitoring stack.
- Define service capacity planning strategies.
- Implement the application’s CI/CD pipeline using the AWS CI/CD stack.
- Write infrastructure as code using CloudFormation or similar.
- Experience with the core AWS services, plus the specifics mentioned in this job description.
- Good background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in at least one language from our stack
- Strong notions of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.).
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, and the ELK stack.
- Previous exposure to large-scale systems design.
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems.
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
- Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
- Candidate with 2 years experience preferred