The main purpose of this role is :
- To ensure that the Freight commercial department works seamlessly with Procurement (internal client) to help achieve business objectives.
- To quote commercially competitive price and to help increase the winning rate
- To prioritize and send the prices for the requested goods within stipulated time frame
- To ensure right price is submitted for every request for price
- To liaison with your reporting manager about freight team challenges in Trivandrum office
- Providing cost effective solutions to internal customers (procurement team) in the organization for efficient movement of goods from point of purchase to point of destination
- Analyze data to provide the best freight cost by referring to available cost sheets for both air & sea movements.
- Calculating freight cost of general cargo & DG items /goods using DG calculation guidelines
- Understand Red Orange’s internal customer requirements/expectations on pricing of the goods & ensure pricing solutions are provided within the requested deadlines.
- Coordinating & educating internal customer on the importance of providing relevant information on the weights, packed dimensions, quantity etc of the goods.
- Identify cost reductions and implement strategies for cost reductions
- An awareness of, and strategic responses to external influences, such as govt. legislation, fuel costs, etc is vital
Responsible to prioritize freight cost revalidation requests and compete within 24hrs
JOB CONTEXT :
The roles environment will be based upon the following characteristics:
¨ Fast moving and commercially focused with high level commitment
¨ Intensive working day based on ethics of hard work, results achievement and meeting business objectives
¨ Highly focused on quality (Including quality of communication and written documentation, data base management)
¨ Highly focused on providing exceptional service to internal clients within the organization
¨ Team based working culture
¨ Self management and personal commitment in terms of commercial approach and obtaining results
· Make and keep commitments at first touch – Do what you say and say that you’ll do
(Knowledge, skills, experience)
- Vocational or professional qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Analytical skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (or equivalent software packages)