We are searching for proactive professionals who are passionate about assisting students as they progress through their academic journey, from new student orientation to graduation. Academic advisors will assist students with choosing classes, determining their strengths, selecting majors, and helping them work towards careers that fit their talents. To ensure that students are progressing towards their goals, Academic advisors will communicate regularly with students, maintain records of their performance, and intervene if declines in grades or attendance occur.
Successful academic advisors will have extensive knowledge about their institutions and a strong desire to assist in student development. Ideal candidates will be caring, organized, communicative, and accessible.
Academic Advisor Responsibilities:
- Place outbound calls to the leads shared.
- Explain the details of the course offered, convince and enroll them in the course.
- Follow up with candidates via telephone or email following initial sales contact.
- Maintain accurate daily work logs.
- Attain the targets fixed from time to time.
- Create the assigned leads in the CRM and connect with the prospect via LinkedIn and WhatsApp within 24 hours.
- Ensure proper follow-up dates in CRM.
- Ensure timely response and good customer experience to each inquiry.
- Clearly communicate the details of the courses to the prospects.
- Ensure assigned monthly targets are achieved.
- Ensure our programs and branding communications are regularly shared on LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
- Solicit referrals from the prospects.
- Generate own leads by exploring new corporate tie-ups / events/exhibitions.
- Suggest business opportunities to the organizations to improve enrollments.
Academic Advisor Requirements:
- Experience: 2-3 Years
- Bachelor’s degree related to education, Master’s degree may be preferred.
- Experience in student counseling, development, education, or related field.
- State license or certification.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate and updated records concerning student performance.
- Understanding of institutional policies, procedures, and resources.
- A desire to help students in their academic journey, from enrollment to graduation.