- Order materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand.
- Supervise kitchen employees and organize food orders.
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process.
- Recruit and train kitchen employees in designated stations.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Work with the restaurant manager to price and change menu items.
- Schedule work shifts for employees.
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized.
- Maintain weekly and monthly cost reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in restaurant management or certification from culinary school is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.