We are looking for a Lead Python Django Developer responsible for developing and maintaining Python applications. The primary focus will be the development of all Python applications and Python REST APIs. The Developer will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Working alongside other developers and UI/UX designers to build complex business logic and features to add to the existing web application from concept to implementation
- Architect backend, high-concurrency, multi-threaded, server-systems
- Optimize existing stack and software
- Work on designing and implementing APIs into the platform
- Develop / Improve the core infrastructure for high scalability
- Manage/ provide technical mentorship to junior and senior engineers in the team.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions(Relational, Non- Relational, and Distributed Data)
- 4-8+ years of experience in Python alone is a must
- Hands-on experience in working with eCommerce platforms
- Backend architecture experience
- 2 or more years acting as Technical lead on projects of increasing complexity.
- Familiarity with GIT.
- Hands-on experience in Django REST framework.
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience in developing APIs and building Web Services.
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills