The Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all networkhardware, software, and communication links (Mainly WLAN). This individual will also analyze and resolve networkhardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training.
Responsibilities and DutiesStrategy & Planning
1. Collaborate with department heads to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
2. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping,processes, and service records.
3. Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for networkadministration, usage, and disaster recovery.
**Acquisition & Deployment
1. Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast ofdevelopments in the networking industry.
2. Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
1. Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling clients objectivesand processes.2. Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
3. Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances
.4. Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
.5. Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.6. Participate in managing all network security solutions.
Qualifications and Skills*Knowledge & Experience
1. Proven experience and success with WLAN design and implementation.
2. Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and generalnetwork management best practices.
3. Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
4. Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
.5. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
.6. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
7 Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
8. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
9 Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
10. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
11. Strong customer service orientation.
12.Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Job Type: Full-time