Pharmacy Assistant Responsibilities:
- Taking inventory of all medication and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Processing sales transactions for medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Directing all questions relating to prescriptions, health matters, or medications to the pharmacist.
- Answering all incoming telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Restocking shelves with medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Accurately typing and printing out prescription labels.
- Attending to emails and fax messages.
- Ensuring that work areas are organized and clean.
Pharmacy Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience assisting in a pharmacy.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.