Responsibilities and Duties
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with diverse data-driven projects. Daily responsibilities for this role include:
- Senior PHP developers must demonstrate a very good understanding of both the front-end and back end development.
- Develop and maintain multiple internal and external web applications.
- Building and updating responsive websites using Bootstrap, HTML/CSS.
- Analyze, design, code, debug, test, document & deploy applications.
- Working with multiple departments frequently to implement features into existing web applications.
- Using high-level debugging skills to find, log, and solve issues in user-facing web applications
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Understands object-oriented programming
- At least 2 years of working experience with back-end development using the LAMP stack
- At least 2 years of working experience using PHP and its frameworks.
- At least 1 year of working experience in Magento and WordPress.
- Development best practices, including extending existing functionality, creating custom modules.
- Knowledge in SSH & FTP is a plus.
- Knowledge in WHM & cPanel.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of MySQL, relational database schemas, indexes and other query optimization techniques.
- Should have worked on extension/plugin development and customization.
- Should have good knowledge of jQuery, XML and JSON.
- Should have a good understanding of front-end frameworks, such as Bootstrap.
- Knowledge in repositories and version control systems like Git & Github is a plus.
- Experience in these frameworks is a plus: Laravel, Zend, CodeIgnitor.