We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Minimum 4 years of experience.
• BTech, MTech, BCA, MCA, Bsc or other relevant qualification.
• Strong knowledge of Android/IOS SDK, different versions of Android/IOS, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
• Proficiency in Java, Android Studio, Android/IOS SDK, in-depth understanding of object-oriented design ideas, common design patterns.
• Deep understanding of Android/IOS system application management, process management, memory management mechanism.
• Experience in releasing to Google Play/AppStore and managing the app lifecycle.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android/IOS applications to back-end services.
• Strong knowledge of Android/IOS UI design principles, animation development, patterns, and best practices.
• Familiar with the network communication mechanism under Android/IOS, have a deep understanding and experience of socket communication, TCP/IP and HTTP/HTTPS.
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
• Knowledge of the open-source Android/IOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
• Proficiency in Android/IOS development, understanding of Android/IOS framework, various optimization techniques, and common system problems.
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications (like Google firebase).
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
• Understanding of Google’s Android/IOS design principles and interface guidelines.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Familiarity with continuous integration.
• Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
• Hands of experience in WebRTC, EasyRTC Kurento, etc. is an add-on.