We are looking for a creative DevOps Engineer to manage the transition between project planning and software deployment. In this role, your duties will include supervising junior developers, developing software and configuring systems, and performing diagnostic tests throughout the stages of development. You will also be required to forecast project duration and cost.
You should demonstrate extensive experience in DevOps Engineering and enhance software performance. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with mean stack or Python, we’d like to meet you.
· As a key member of the team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
· Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to create large scale solutions built on AWS and also be part of the development lifecycle.
· Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
· Automate solutions for repeatable problems
· Develop test plan and test cases to demonstrate application/database readiness post-migration
· Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met
· Consult for the optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
· Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and AWS service
· Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners, and customers
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Power shell, Ansible, Terraform, etc)
· Strong hands-on experience on CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Team city etc.
· Configuration management using CloudFormation and/or Chef/Puppet.
· Implementing experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, ECS, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Route53 & S3)
· Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
· Hands own experience in building microservices
· Good knowledge of Docker and K8s
· Experience in performance optimization techniques
· High-end Troubleshooting and Communication skills
· Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
· AWS Solutions Architect/DevOps/Sys Ops Certified
· Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
· Experience in programming languages like Java/Python.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP etc and good knowledge in Hybrid architecture.
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.).
· BE / BTech / MCA / MSc CS or similar relevant field
· Previous working experience as a DevOps for min 3+ years