ABOUT THE ROLE
F&B Supervisor will have the responsibility forecasting, planning, and controlling the ordering of food and beverages for a senior living community. He/She will also manage the finance related to the whole process of purchasing food and drink for the community.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with the Chefs and other staffs in creating nutritious and tasty food as per residents’ requirements and diet plans.
• Planning, coordinating, directing, and monitoring the effectiveness of all food and beverage activities in the facility to meet the organization standards.
• Partner with the other members of the team to meet the nutritional needs of the residents and to provide services for special events and the daily activity programs.
• Overseeing all expenditures to ensure the department operates within budgetary guidelines and takes action on variances to bring expenditures in line with the budget.
• Developing and conducting in-service programs and ensuring all team members have been trained in safe food handling techniques.
• Recruiting, supervising, coaching and mentoring departmental team members • Ensuring high food quality and food safety measures are executed on a professional level. QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Diploma or Graduation in Hotel Management or any other relevant background with sound education and proven track record in hospitality industry
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Hospitality Industry/ Supervisory position in minimum 3-star hospitality organization. Experience in Senior Living is a plus
• Strong proven leadership record and portray professional and welcoming demeanor. • Well-developed management and supervision skills and proven organizational skills.
• Good communication skills and work ethic. Practice a non-authoritarian management style, Able to make staff feel part of a solid team. 3
• Experience working with budgets. Decision making and goal setting abilities. • Good listening and problem-solving skills and public relations skills
• Commitment to providing quality services to our clients.
• Have an abundance of empathy, compassion, patience and sense of humor. Ability to build rapport with residents.
• Willing to learn about the company and its involvements.
• Able to take direction and respond effectively to good supervision.
• 2 years’ experience working in elderly care environment or health related supervisory position