- Write clean, secure, test-driven, easily maintainable and modular codes.
- Database designing and maintenance.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Perform UI/backend tests to optimize performance.
- Collaborate and work with frontend and mobile app developers on the backend needs of projects.
- Adhere closely to development plans and anticipate changes to specification or schedule as they become necessary during development.
- Work with project managers when gathering requirements, presenting work, etc. and be able to take complex technical terms and break them down into layman’s terms.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
- Client communication (verbal/written) as and when required.
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increasing existing data services API
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post-launch support
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable experience with PHP including OOP, security, refactoring & design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Laravel framework and experience building factories/facades/libraries using abstract classes, interfaces, traits.
- Experience in unit testing using testing frameworks like PHPUnit /PHPspec.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL/MS SQL/PostgreSQL), database designing and query optimization techniques.
- Experience in NoSQL (MongoDB/DynamoDB) databases will be an added advantage. Good core knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Bootstrap framework.
- Hands-on experience in RESTful API design and development including implementation of oAuth2.0 for authentication and authorization