- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux servers and tools such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, Nginx, Squid proxy, Tomcat, Iptables, , HAProxy, Incron, Crond, NFS, Awk, Sed, etc.
- Good knowledge of Linux administration and Open Source tools.
- Provide enterprise-wide, Linux support for production systems and provide support to application development teams.
- Installation, configuration, customization, maintenance and performance tuning of Linux servers.
- Linux OS version upgradation, patching and security management.
- Manage all aspects of Linux administration including implementation of monitoring tools, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, performance optimization routines and top-tier support for resolving support issues.
- Facilitate backup and recovery as well as documenting and testing all backup and recovery procedures.
- Work closely with the application developers and Operations to ensure reliable support.
- Investigate application response time issues. Provide solutions for performance improvements.
- Provide development and production support to troubleshoot day-to-day Linux related issues.
- Basic knowledge in Database administration engines like Mysql, Postgresql, Oracle or MSSQL
- Basic knowledge in Ruby on Rails, Networking, HA, Clustering, Virtualization
- Knowledge in Information Security concepts aligning to ISO 27001 standards
- Shall understand and abide by the organizations’ information security policy and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information assets.
- Shall report incidents related to security of information to concerned authorities.
Experience & Certifications
- Engineering/Science graduate with at least 4+ years of experience or 5+ years of experience with a 3 year diploma.
- RHCE or any Unix/Linux administration certifications.
- Certifications like CCNA, ITIL will be an added advantage