Seeking Certified Surgery Coders with a minimum of 3 years’ of experience in coding. Must be able to pass proficiency testing. Must be proficient in Excel, must multi-task and communicate well both verbally and writing. Must be able to maintain a 96% accuracy rate as well as hold to productivity standards. Must be able to follow coding guidelines.
- Perform Coding for records pertaining to surgeries performed with a minimum of 96% accuracy and as per turnaround time requirements
- Exceeds the productivity standards for Medical Coding for Surgery as per the productivity norms for inpatient and/or specialty specific outpatient coding standards
- Maintains high degree of professional and ethical standards
- Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enables customers to arrest revenue leakage while being in compliance with the standards
- Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences
- Apply appropriate coding classification standards and guidelines to medical record documentation for accurate coding.
- Resolve medical record documentation deficiencies through healthcare provider query, and provide routine feedback to healthcare providers to correct deficiencies.
- Perform quality assessment of records, including verification of medical record documentation (both electronic and hand written).
- Responsible for researching errors or missing documentation from medical record in order to provide accurate coding processes.
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the following qualification criteria:
- Experience in Surgery coding is required
- Exposure to CPT-4, ICD-9, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding
- CCS/CPC/CPC-H/CIC/COC certification from AAPC /AHIMA would be a plus