We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs. Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Gather all the required information needed and provide to next level support (L2) for quick/accelerated investigation and to deliver fixes within SLA timelines
- To support/resolve software and technical questions from the end users of the client efficiently and effectively
- On need basis, discuss with the business teams to seek additional details about the issue.
- Prioritise the ticket with the right severity levels based on business impact understanding from the client.
- Collaborate with all the product support team members to properly manage client inquiries and escalate when appropriate.
- Own software product issues of the client from initial reporting to resolution, communicating the progress/resolutions on a regular basis.
- Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, and/or availability.
- Gather the logs from the software product and also the app server and perform the initial investigation
- Relevant application support experience and strong client interaction experience, troubleshooting skill.
- Preferred prior experience in L2 support in production software
- Communicating with clients (verbal & written) and possess strong active listening skills
- Flexible to work in 24/7 environment (Rotational shifts)