Graphic Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research has shown that your job description performs better if you put a paragraph in this location about the working hours and benefits. Remember to include information about things like work-from-home opportunities and flexible hours. Also include any office perks, company discounts, and commuter benefits. Job seekers have choices; give them a reason to apply to your company.
Graphic Designer Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong graphic design skills
- Layout skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Acute vision
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Handles rejection