Academic Advisor Responsibilities:
- Discussing career and educational goals with students.
- Aiding in the course selection process to ensure progress towards student goals.
- Displaying an interest in student development.
- Identifying student strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintaining updated reports on student progress.
- Intervening if behavioral or academic abnormalities occur.
- Connecting students with resources, such as counselors or tutors.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of institutional policies.
Academic Advisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree related to education, Master’s degree may be preferred.
- Experience in student counseling, development, education, or related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate and updated records concerning student performance.
- Understanding of institutional policies, procedures, and resources.
- A desire to help students in their academic journey, from enrollment to graduation.