The individuals working in ground duty branch are often known as ‘ground crew’ or Ground Staff. They work at airports to keep airplanes running efficiently. From welcoming passengers to an aircraft’s take-off, airport ground staff and air operations personnel play a crucial role in areas such as commercial activities, airline operations and the running of airports. The job of ground staff is vast and varied. Some ground staff work directly with the aircraft, cleaning it inside and out between flights. These people must make sure the ramps, runways and surrounding areas do not have any garbage or debris present that could cause damage to the plane. Ground staff also includes technicians and maintenance workers that are responsible for making sure the plane is in good working order before takeoff, as well as those tasked with cleaning the cabin between flights.
Ground staff also refers to people who work in the airport terminal itself. Some ground staff are responsible for inspecting, storing and transporting luggage, while others stock the aircraft with food and beverage items that are distributed during flight. Some ground staff members work directly with customers to answer questions and provide information regarding flight times, delays and any general queries the customer has before boarding. Ground staff work with the aircraft, crew and customers to ensure each flight is safe and enjoyable.
Inside the airport terminal:
– Checking passengers in for flights
– Re-routing or re-booking passengers whose flights have been cancelled or delayed
– Assisting disabled passengers or those travelling with young children
– Giving passengers up-to-date information on flights
– Assisting passengers with all enquiries, including lost or delayed baggage
– Assisting staff in carrying out security checks as and when the situation arises
– Delivering high levels of customer service to passengers and those travelling through the airport
Outside the airport terminal:
– Handling all the loading and uploading of passenger bags from the aircraft
– Helping direct passengers on to and off the aircraft
– Directing landed aircraft to taxi spots
– Providing services such as steps from the aircraft for passengers and crew to disembark the aircraft
-Coordinating and managing staff around the aircraft during its stopover
-Draft and hand over the necessary documents for the flight to the aircraft captain
-Preparation of the flight plan, fuel, weather condition and other important information
-Management of take-off slots with air traffic organizations
-Management of the airline network and fleet
- Educational Qualification: Under Graduate/ Graduate.
- Marital Status: Unmarried/Married.
- Age Limit: 18 to 28 yrs.
- Male / Female
- Salary range – 20,000 – 70,000 (Excluding TA and Accommodation)
- Language skills: Fluency in English