We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Should have 4+ years of experience
- Candidate must have knowledge in the testing domain and must have knowledge of testing of web-based applications.
- The candidate will be responsible for the testing of web-based applications.
- The candidate will also act as the Business Analyst for the project. The candidate should be open to move in to a full time BA role if required
- The eye-catching ability to find bugs from a client’s perspective.
- Exposure to Automation Testing using Testing Tools such as (Selenium Web driver, TestNG, jmeter or similar tools) will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle.
- Familiar with Database testing; good reporting & documenting skills.
- The candidate must be Proactive, and Self Motivated and should have keen attention to details
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good analytical skills with Out of the box thinking and can do attitude. Should be a good team player and work closely with other QA Engineers and Developers.
- Should be flexible and adaptable
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Good Problem-solving and Troubleshooting skill
- Will be responsible for creating Test cases and creating Client & Internal Reporting.
- Should have experience on performance, load and security testing